- Stretches up to 250% of original joint size without tearing – moves with your logs when they move
- Textured to simulate old-time mortar
- Easy to smooth and cleans up with water
- Superior early water resistance
- Won’t melt Styrofoam® bead board – no more bumpy, unsightly chink lines
- Tested by you – used on thousands of homes worldwide since 1985
- Freeze-thaw stable – OK to leave in your truck or garage overnight
Log Jam Chinking
When other chinking pulls away, Log Jam® holds its seal.
Synthetic mortar chinking for your log cabin or log home
Use Log Jam® inside and out:
- On chink-style log homes
- To replace old, crumbling mortar on older and historic log homes
- To create a chinked look on a wood sided surface
Available Sizes: 29 oz. cartridges and 5 gal. pails
Available Colors: White White, Mortar White, Buff, Light Gray, Gray, Tan, Woodtone Cedar
Learn how to properly apply and tool (smooth out) Log Jam® chinking
Log Jam®, the standard for synthetic chinking.
Davy Crockett’s log cabin was cozy…except that it wasn’t. He spent a good amount of time plastering mortar into those chinking joints every year. Old-time mortar cracks and crumbles, allowing in wind, bugs, dust, rain and pollen. That’s why Sashco created Log Jam®, the standard in synthetic chinking. Its texture recreates that old-time mortar look while sealing your log home from vermin and wind alike. It stretches and won’t let go when your logs move. With Log Jam® chinking, you can keep the cozy feel and rustic look without compromise.